Manual therapy involves specialized hands-on techniques that target areas of your body that are limited in motion and works to improve your movement and reduce your pain. Manual therapy is beneficial for all ages especially, if you are experiencing spine problems, joint injuries, or other health conditions.
It is a specialized training to provide gentle, specific, hands-on therapy to address muscle and joint injuries. This includes Myofascial Release (soft tissue mobilization), Joint and Spinal mobilization (skilled passive movement to a joint), and neuromuscular techniques (hands on functional movement patterns with extremities and the trunk, posture re-education, static and dynamic balance) to help you feel and move better.
Improving the mobility of a joint may:
- Decrease muscle spasms & tension
- Increase freedom of movement
- Decrease pain
- Improve the overall health of the joint
- Decrease the risk for injury
- Decrease the risk for deterioration of the dysfunctional joint and the surrounding joints