Welcome to Family Physical Therapy & Wellness
To make an appointment, call us today at 678.691.2375. Our practice is dedicated to helping our patients identify the cause of their pain and creating a custom treatment program that will allow them to return to normal activities pain-free.
At Family Physical Therapy & Wellness, we want to ensure that your time is spent receiving the treatment you need. To assist with this, please download, print and complete the New Patient Form and either the Adult Patient History or the Pediatric Patient History Form located on this page prior to your first visit. Then, bring them with you to your first visit along with your insurance information and photo ID.
Some Helpful Tips For Your First Visit
- Make a list of questions that you would like to discuss with your therapist
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist
- Make sure to bring your completed New Patient Form and Patient History Form with you
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment
- Bring a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID
- Come dressed appropriately for exercise/treatment
What to Expect on Your First Visit
- You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please ensure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your therapist will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times, however prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professional who you choose.
- If you have any questions at anytime, please don't hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
We gladly accept most insurance plans. Please call us to verify your insurance as we are always adding new insurance plans.
As a courtesy to our patients, we will verify your health benefits prior to your arrival to determine if there will be a copay, deductible, or coinsurance for therapy services. For those patients who do not have health insurance or those who have maxed out their benefits, we offer a private pay plan. Please contact us today for more information on our fees for service and payment details.